Thank you to everyone who came out to race the 2011 Quogue Wild!
Special Thanks to:
- Doug at Plaques and such in Bohemia
Thank you for contributing the plaques and handling our last minute order perfectly !
- Rockypoint Cycle – Tom Barile
- Bike Patrol: Greg Schell, Bryan Savage, Wade Hartmann, Steve Burner and Jill Werfel
- Registration Tent: Tom Barile, Jill Barile, Sue Barile and Samantha Spezia
- EMT Crew: Dennis Doherty and Raymond MacQuill
- Bluepoint Brewing Company and Powerbar for providing the beer mugs and powerbar chews to all of our racers
- Just Finish Scorekeeping
- Diamondback Bicycles for the Rocky Point Bike Raffle
The course included technically challenging, wooded terrain with elevation changes, lots of single track and some wider sprint trails mixed in.
The loop for Cat 1, Expert and Sport racers was approx 10 miles long, including a challenging 1 mile “black diamond” level section on the far north end of the property.
The beginners loop will follow the same track, with the exception of the “black diamond” level section and was approx 9 miles.
We are proud to have hosted the QuogueWild XC Mountain Bike Race at our facility in Quogue, NY along with Rocky Point Cycles. This was a fund-raising charity event and portion of the proceeds will be donated to the John Theissen Children’s Foundation. For more information, please visit their website at www.jtcf.org
Thank you to all of the racers who endured this challenging event: